Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Reaching Mini Goal #1

It has been a while, but I have finally reached my first mini goal weight: 194. I reached it a while ago, but never went under it... which is what I was waiting for. Yes, my scale read 194 BUT I wanted to reach it and be under it before stating, I am finally here. This past Sunday, I weighed in at 193.6. I weighed myself again this morning and am still at 193.6! So I have made it. Now, I am on to my next goal weight of 189. This is usually where I start to freak out... and gain back weight like my brain doesn't want me to be at that weight but it wants to be healthy. I don't get it, but I am determined to get there this time and I am not going to let anything stop me. If takes me a month, it takes me a month. Slow and stead wins the race.

How did I finally get to goal? I honestly couldn't tell you other than I just stopped weighing myself and doing my own thing. For 2 weeks I didn't weigh myself, 2 weeks! That is crazy. I normally weight EVERY SINGLE DAY so that is a big difference.

I had started a running program. I got to Day 2 and than my life got in the way. As much as people rant about "you need to make time" when you need money and have to work 3 jobs for a little while, I am sorry but I can't find the time. I barely had time to sleep as is was and that is the only thing that I could have given up in order to workout. And no, that wasn't even an option for me.

So needless to say, by not weighing myself and getting discouraged about what I weighed helped me stay on track as much as I could. No I didn't eat all that great but I was better than I normally was when I was weighing myself and even though I was doing everything right, I didn't lose. When that happened, I would just go out and get fast food because what was the point? Well that mindset is going out the window!

I have made a vow to only weigh myself once a week on Sunday... if I forgot, than I have to wait until the following Sunday. If I forget each Sunday... than I will have to just wait until I have to weigh in at Thanksgiving. My goal is to get to 189 on or by Thanksgiving. Which gives me a little over 3 weeks. I am sure I can lose 5 pounds in 3 weeks... especially since I am going to be eating "take out" once this whole month! And, I am only eating out because it is a special day (my 3 year anniversary) and I don't want to have to cook. I would rather spend the time with my husband and have someone else cook. We are also going to go to a sit down place, so it is like home cooked food, just not at home.

How are we planning on only eating at home? Well, I meal planned... the whole month of November. And than on 11/1, we shopped... for the whole month. About $400.00 for 2 people to be able to eat breakfast, lunch, dinner and some snacks. And that is rounded up to include milk and bread that will need to be bought throughout the month. AND that does not include coupons as I slacked a little bit in my rush to get to the store that I didn't sit down and clip or save any :( but I still don't think it is to bad... that is only $100 a week, $50 a person and we normally would spend that on just 2 fast food meals PLUS spending the money on the food every week.

Now comes the hard part, remembering to take the meat out for it to thaw and than coming home and cooking it even though I am super tired and don't want to do anything. This is the goal for November... to get in the habit of cooking at home. And we will be doing it 28/30 days. I talked about 1 of those days and I am sure you can guess about the other one... it will still be a home cooked meal BUT I physically won't be cooking it, my mom will be. So technically it would be 29/30.

Getting to a goal weight is such a relief and gives you such a good feeling that I cannot wait to continue and get to that next one!

194 - 11/2/2014 weighed in at 193.6, reward Sims 4
189 -
184 -
179 -
174 -
169 -
164 -
159 -
154 -
149 -
144 -
139 -
134 -
129 -
124 -
119 -
Happy Place (115-118) -

No comments:

Post a Comment