Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Morning Yoga

Every morning I wake up hardly being able to move. Whether that is because I have a crappy bed, I am getting old or I am to big for my body... who knows. Regardless of the reason as to why it is happening, something needed to be done. I came to the conclusion that yoga would be a good place to start. The results... amazing. After I do the following 20 minute routine (in any order) I am able to move around more freely. I try to do this every day; morning, mid morning or afternoon, depending on the kind of day that I am having.

The Routine

  • Plank - 1 minute (I do this on my knees)
  • Hero Pose - 1 minute
  • Seated Twist - 1 minute on each side
  • Seated Forward Bend - 1 minute
  • Side Bend - 1 minute on each side
  • Bridge Pose - 2 minutes
  • Mountain Pose - 1 minute
  • Tree Pose - 2 minutes on each side (great for balance!)
  • Warrior - 1 minute on each side
  • Triangle Pose - 1 minute on each side (I hate this one)
  • Downward Dog - 1 minute
  • Cobra - 1 minute
  • Child's Pose (not included in time, just for resting)
I don't do this in a certain order, sometimes I do all the floor work first, than the standing. And sometimes I just do which ever one I feeling like doing next. I mainly started doing this because I just wanted to get better at doing the poses and to tone up my muscles. These are all easy moves except the triangle pose which for some reason is super hard for me... I'm working on it though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment