Monday, September 22, 2014

My Morning Strength Training Routine

Bare with me. It looks like a lot but I promise you, it is not all that bad. Yes, your legs will be killing you but in the end, you will love me for it. Trust me.

It takes about 40-45 minutes for me to get through it when I do everything. By this I mean, if I am able to do all of the burpees, push-ups and how long you can hold your plank/wall sit. The longest it has taken me is 1 hour (but I believe I was goofy off).

All you need is you, and a mat if you'd like some cushion.


  • 50 Jumping Jacks
  • 10 Burpees
  • Wall sit (for as long as you can)
  • Plank (for as long as you can)
  • 10 Crunches
  • 10 Jackknife Instructions
  • 10 Side Crunches (each side)
  • 15 Candlestick dippers (each side) All about Candlestick Dippers
  • Baseball Circles (for as long as you can) *small circles
  • Volleyball Circles (for as long as you can) *large circles
  • Chest Press (for as long as you can) How to do Chest Pulse
  • 50 Squats
  • 20 Leg Raises (each side) *I do side and front
  • 20 Inner Thigh Leg Lift How to do Inner Thigh Lifts
  • 10 Lunges
  • 20 Bridges
  • 50 Calf Raises
  • 40 Sumo Squats
  • 15 Push-ups
  • 20 Straight Leg Pulses
  • 20 Fire Hydrants
  • 20 Fire Hydrant Kicks
  • 20 Sexy Dancer Kicks
  • 20 Hot Potatoes
  • 40 T Stand Butt Lifts
  • Waist Whittlers (as many as you can) How to do the Waist Whittler
I can't seem to find the video that shows you how to do the straight leg pulses, fire hydrants, fire hydrant kicks, sexy dancer kicks, hot potatoes and t stand butt lifts. Once I find that, I will update this post with the link. 

In the mean time, you can always make up your own routine. These are things that I like doing, need to work or know I should be doing because they are good strength training things. If some these are two easy for you, do more reps or replace them with something more challenging. 

As I said, it may take you longer than it took me. Don't feel bad, I haven't done this in a month or so (I slacked) so I probably won't be able to make it through the first couple of times I do it. Just hang in there, and keep working at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment