Monday, September 22, 2014

The Plan of all Plans

I keep saying tomorrow is going to be the day. Tomorrow comes, and I say it again because I am to lazy or to busy to actually get things together in order to start. No more. There is no excuse that after 2 years, I am still the same weight that I was even though I have been actively trying to lose weight.

The thing is, I believe that I am scared to lose the weight because I am using it as a shield. I know that I don't go out because I don't feel comfortable but is that really the reason? No, that is only part of the reason. The main reason is because I have no friends to go out with. I know this, but in the back of my mind I tell myself that it doesn't matter because even if I did, I wouldn't go out because I am fat and I feel uncomfortable.

No one actually knows the struggle that I through to get dressed every morning and it is time that I change that. The following is my plan (for now). Everything is always going to be a working progress.

Food
Breakfast: 7am - 3/4 cup Honey Nut Cheerios with 1/2 cup almond milk and 1 banana  (245 calories) OR 2 eggs with 1 piece of cheese and asparagus (266 calories)
Lunch: 12:30pm/1pm - 1/2 a bag of Fresh Express Ceaser Salad Kit with 1 hard boiled egg and 1/4 mozzarella cheese (292 calories) OR Left over from dinner the night before (calories vary)
Snacks: 9am, 11am, 2:30pm/3pm - Yoplait Light Yogurt, 1 cup Strawberries, AND 1 Cup baby Carrots with 2 tbsp Peanut Butter (381 calories) 1 snack at each time specified, in order. 
Dinner 5:30pm/6pm - Varies, will include a salad, some kind of protein, 2 veggies and a fruit. To keep the calorie count down, I will only eat the servings specified, meaning no more than 1 serving per item.

Exercise
The following is the list of things that I will be choosing from to do daily:

  • 20 minutes of Yoga
  • 40 minutes Body weight Strength Training (will make a post about this)
  • P90X OR Kettlebell Training 
  • 30+ minutes of Walking
  • 14 minutes of Stretching for Flexibility
  • 30+ minutes of Zumba

  • I will be adding things as I come across them.

    Tracking
    I am going to try to track every little thing that I eat and drink, every day. I also will be tracking my workouts. I need to stay in my calorie range every day and I need to burn the amount of calories that they are telling me to burn. I am going to try my hardest to STAY with in the my given calorie range and not eat the calories that I burn. 

    Motivation 
    On my wall, I am going to post a photo of Alaska. In August of 2015 I will taken a once in a lifetime (probably) vacation to Alaska and I want to be able to feel comfortable doing things and getting pictures. I want to be able to remember it and have the best time of my life. In order do this, I need to lose the weight that is currently holding me back.


    Support
    This is a huge one for me because I personally do not have anyone who is supporting me in person. Thanks to SparkPeople.com I do have people who are supporting me, but the in person support is a lot different than online support. Online, the people are not here making sure that I am eating correctly OR working out like I should. So this is going to be a major thing that I am going to have to work on. I need to convince my husband that we both need to get healthy and we both need to work on it together, not just one or the other.

    Finding Willpower
    One thing that I believe is a key to losing weight is having the "willpower" to tell yourself no and to make yourself do things that you do not want to do. Check out this site to find some ways to help boost your willpower to lose weight. Most of them are pretty simple.

    Overall, eating better and starting an exercise routine is going to help me out more than anything. But I need to find that willpower to do what I know needs to be done. I need the support and motivation in order to do that. And in the end, tracking EVERYTHING is going to be the key because if I don't track, how will I know how I am doing?

    Taking the time out to plan is one of the best things that you can do when starting a new routine or diet. What is your plan? 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment