Monday, September 22, 2014

My Motivation Wall is going to be the Key to my Success

My main problem is that I get motivated to lose the weight and something happens, I lose that motivation and it takes me a while to find it again. By the time I find it, the pounds are back and I am starting all over again.

Things that make me lose motivation:
  1. The scale doesn't move.
  2. The scale goes up instead of down, even though I am staying in my calorie range & I am working out.
  3. I miss a workout.
  4. I go over my calorie range.
  5. I get to overwhelmed.
All of those things happen to me, and to everyone else but the only way to lose the weight is not let any of those things stop you. If you mess up, shake it off and make today better than yesterday. I am telling myself this as well, and now that it is in writing I hope to be able to do it.

To help me stay motivated, I decided to do a motivational wall. I started by looking up different motivation walls for ideas. I ended up with a list of things that I would need to help me stay motivated.
  1.  Starting Weight (197)
  2. Countdown the pounds (196-116)
  3. Happy Place (115) Now, this may change because I am going for healthy not "skinny" but I need a number to work with... and this is what weight I was when I felt good, comfortable.
  4. Quotes - I looked up quotes and found some that spoke to me, I can't tell you what will speak to you, just google "weight loss quotes" and see what speaks to you.
  5. "It takes 21 days to form a habit." 
  6. Index cards with 1 - 21 & a habit that I would like to form. 
  7. I also put the words BREATHE, STRETCH and WALK up there because those are three things that I need to do to help me with stress. 
  8. Calendar - The current month with little reminders on each day (challenges, Calories In, Calories Out and weight). 
  9. Index cards with Sunday - Saturday written on them and than next to them another set of index cards with the workouts that I need to do for that day.
I also looked through magazines and gathered some pictures to put up there.

I have it hanging up on the closet door which is literally right next to my bed. It is the first and last thing I will see each day. If the scale doesn't move, I will be able to see all of the pounds that I have already lost and hopefully that will keep me on point. It may not because I am not perfect, I know that I am going to mess up. I hope I don't but I am human and I need to accept that fact. I just need to make sure that if I mess up, I stop and fix it before moving on.

So what are you waiting for? Go start making your motivational wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment